Although I have posted this under the “Careers” category, it probably should be called “Opportunities” or “Internet Apprenticeship” but at least with “Careers” you will know that I am looking for some help.
You see, there are a lot of things happening behind the scenes as Web 2.0 and the funeral industry collide – actually “mesh” together – all of it beneficial to the funeral profession! But to make sure that I play my part in the most efficient manner, I need some help.
This position experience may be perfect for someone who is looking to re-enter the workforce or looking for a more flexible work schedule.
- $17 to $20 per hour
- 20 hours per week (could be increased if desired)
- Additional incentives for specific projects
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Ability to manage and oversee projects
- Able to follow (and create) systems / procedures
- Excellent communication skills, both oral & written
- General computer skills and ability to be trained on new systems
Your number one job is to help FuneralFuturist.com acquire and keep customers
This is a list of some of the general tasks and duties (training will be provided if necessary):
- General administration and bookkeeping
- Article submission to article directories
- Article distribution for trade journals and associations
- Transcription of audio and video recordings
- Enrolling funeral directors in online continuing education programs
- Project management of website development
- Project management of email newsletters
Skills gained (applied):
- Relationship Marketing
- Internet Marketing and how it applies to traditional bricks & mortar companies
Skills gained (by osmosis):
- Risk taking
- Creating & seizing opportunities
Specific software / web services will be used (previous experience not necessary – free video training provided for all apps)
- Aweber: Autoresponder and email marketing
- 1ShoppingCart: Shopping cart administration
- Traffic Geyser: video uploading
- MindJet: Mind mapping software
- Muvee: Video editing software
- Google Apps – Awesome Resources (and Free too!)
- WordPress – World’s Best CMS System
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Sage 50 Accounting
- Amember – Membership software
- Infusionsoft – Customer Relationship Management
This position is best suited for someone residing in Victoria, BC.
For more information, email me at email@example.com or call 250-744-3595.