Is your office running like a top?
“THAT’S THE WAY WE’VE ALWAYS DONE THAT!”
Over the years many procedures get implemented or adopted. Then one day the light bulb in your head goes on and you ask yourself, “Why do we do this in this manner?” or “There has to be an easier or more efficient way of doing this?” And then you get the ANSWER ABOVE.
In a time where margins are tighter, funeral firms must look at all influences that affect the bottom line. One area where savings can be realized is in the area of operational efficiencies. There could be many areas that could use a little tweaking or fine tuning. Although individually they don’t amount to much, collectively you could add thousands to your bottom line.
Areas that could be analyzed are:
- Staffing (both numbers of staff and use of staff)
- Data duplication – how many times do you record or enter important information?
- Operational expenses audit – are you on the best plans for telecommunications, insurance (property, auto, group, etc.)
- Operational systems audit – how many times is a task performed, and by how many people?
- Some funeral homes face new regulations that will demand of them more reporting and overall paperwork – there could be simple systems implemented to alleviate these burdens and realize greater efficiencies
There has to be a Better Way!!
So if you have ever thought to yourself (or even out loud), “There has to be a better way!?!?” Don’t worry, there probably is. Just call 1.800.810.3595 to see if we can help you streamline your operations and increase your bottom line.